Burngreave Building Co Ltd is a Contracting Company, offering a full range of services for , refurbishment, short, planned and reactive maintenance, tailored to its clients unique business and personal requirements.
The Company is committed to the training and development of its people to ensure continued success and to maintain a highly motivated team.
Through the expertise of its people and systems the Company is able to deliver the right solutions to the right people at the right time.
The Management System is implemented under the direction of the senior management team with the support of all employees and suppliers to meet the requirements of the following standards:
- BS EN ISO 9001 – Quality Management System.
- BS EN ISO 14001 – Environmental Management System.
- OHSAS 18001 – Occupational Health & Safety Management System.
Objectives are established and regularly reviewed to support continual improvement in all the above areas.
Objectives may be included for the areas of:
- Customer Satisfaction
- Product Improvement
- Working Environment
- Health and Safety
- Environmental Improvement
- Prevention of Pollution
The effectiveness of the Management System is monitored and maintained by regular audit and Management Review.
Burngreave Building Co Ltd is committed to comply with all relevant legislation at local, regional and national level as a minimum performance target. We also strive to continually improve our performance, through appropriate measures, controls, provision of resources and training of our employees.
The Policy is communicated to all employees and made available to the public on request. The involvement of its workforce and external interested and affected parties in its Management Policy is encouraged through effective communication procedures.
All aspects of the Company’s Corporate Responsibility Policy are introduced during induction to the Company and reviewed at each employee’s annual appraisal.
At site level all operatives are inducted to each site prior to commencing work and are inducted into all aspects of the policy including:
- Environmental risks and control measures.
- Health and safety risks and control measures.
A comprehensive training programme is in place for all aspects of Burngreave Building Co Ltd responsibilities to ensure awareness and an audit programme to ensure compliance. Audit also includes external audit of the Company’s integrated management system.
Burngreave Building Co Ltd believes that the following strategies are designed to retain staff and improve employee welfare and work-life balance.
- Implementation of Equal Opportunities and Race Relations Policies.
- Specifically targeting young people and the underrepresented sectors of the community.
- Giving local people full access to all vacancies.
- Providing training that ensures people receive the skills necessary for long-term sustainability of their employment.
- Providing safe working conditions and excellent terms of employment.
- Helping to facilitate personal development at all levels.
Burngreave Building Co Ltd maintains an exemplary Health and Safety record by consistent training regimes. Employees are subject to the following training:
Pre start induction training.
- In house monthly training.
- SMSTS (all Site Managers).
- NEBOSH (Health and Safety Manager).
- Risk assessment training.
- Site specific site induction training.
- Post contract review additional training as identified.
The Company is OHSAS 18001, CHAS and Constructionline accredited.
Burngreave Building Co Ltd received accreditation to BS EN ISO 14001: Environmental Management System in April 2012.
Our Company strategy includes an analysis of the following:
- Assessing the impact on the environment.
- Minimising energy waste.
- Use of renewable energy sources.
- Use of recyclable materials.
- Comfort levels of the working/living environment.
- Lifetime costs and benefits.
The Company has adopted the following strategies to support its determination to protect and enhance the environment:
- Continued compliance with all relevant environmental legislation.
- Setting clear objectives and targets to ensure best practise in environmental performance is achieved.
- Commitment to the prevention of pollution through risk assessment and the careful monitoring of all operations.
- Regular monitoring and reviewing environmental performance with the aim of achieving continuous improvement.
- Waste stream management for all sites including identifying opportunities to recycle.
In the past Burngreave Building Co Ltd has taken the opportunity with new contracts to employ and train local labour bringing new skills for the individual and benefiting the local economy. The Company employs local community people at each of its offices and sites wherever possible and will endeavour to ensure that any additional personnel are recruited from the local community. In the past local apprenticeship initiatives have been implemented to encourage young people from all backgrounds to join the construction industry, affording them safe structured training. Burngreave Building Co Ltd would consult with local education leaders and training partners regarding the form of such initiatives.
Company policy on sustainability focuses on those factors which enable it to sustain its economic and business growth, illustrate its determination and commitment to protect and enhance the environment and its response to the needs of people at whatever stage of the construction process by providing high customer satisfaction and working closely with clients, suppliers, employees and the local community.